Private Sails in Newport RI
Just you and the crew
Our private charters are perfect for couples, small groups and families, proposals, small wedding groups, or a day trip. A day sailing tour with On Watch Sailing is the ultimate way to discover Newport, Narragansett Bay, and beyond. Do as much or as little as you like!
A 1.5 or 2-hour sail will take you by such notable landmarks as Fort Adams, Hammersmith Farm, Clingstone, and Castle Hill. On a longer sailing charter, see the Bellevue Mansions from the water, sail up to historic Bristol, circumnavigate Jamestown, or even anchor in an estuary for lunch. The choice is yours!
Of course, sipping your favorite beverage while watching the sunset over Jamestown the perfect way to finish your trip and to start your evening.
What to Know
- Our boats take up to 6 guests and every sail is private. Family friendly.
- There is not a structured tour, but we are very knowledgable about the area sights.
- A gratuity is customary if you enjoy your sail.
- Bringing finger foods and beer or wine (no hard liquor please) is encouraged.
- Bring water, we can refill with filtered.
- There is a short water taxi trip to your boat.
- Check the FAQ for catering options
- Even on an overcast day consider sunblock and a hat with a tether.
- Be ready to take pics and video!
- While we have warm blankets and some jackets, it’s a good idea to bring an extra layer.
- Be sure you know the cancellation policy